What is Depression?
- “what’s the point” mood, only sees negative
- shutting down, procrastinating, hiding from life
- lack of balance and focus, inability to experience joy or happiness
- unmet expectations, disappointment
- lack of energy, always tired, low sex-drive
- grief, heartbreak, obsession with death and loss
Depression tends to have it’s focus on the past whereas anxiety tends to be lived in the future. Put simply, it is because most experience it alongside their anxiety. Flitting back and forth between terrifying future scenarios and the stories they tell themselves based on their past, their regrets and decisions.